Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Words

Tonight is the first night in a while that I have gotten Lucas to bed before 10, so how about a little blog update? 

If you follow me on facebook, you know a lot of this already - but I have to remind myself that there are still people who don't fb (hi, Aunt Ruth)!

Things are going great with Lucas.  He has been with us for 4 months now, but it seems so much longer.  He just fits in so well!  We are working on potty training, and it is hit and miss.  I'm not going to stress too much about it (or try not to anyway)! 

When he first came, he was having a rough time getting his frustrations out....when he would be told not to do something, he would get so emotional and kept hitting himself in the head.  It didn't happen often, but when it did, that was his way to get his frustration out.  I'm happy to say that doesn't happen anymore!  He still gets emotional, but I believe he handles it just like any 2 year old does!  :)

He was seeing a speech therapist once a week, until last week.  She closed his case, saying that he has developed his speech so well over the last few months that she is confident he will continue to improve himself.  He was tested at over a 30% delay before coming to live with us and is now at an 18% since coming home!  Yay!!!  We are still working on putting sentences together, but I can tell he gets a little better day by day.

Grace is turning 12 next week!  I can't believe how much she has grown over the last few months!  Aside from growing taller over the summer, she has also started to blossom into a young lady.  I still find her playing with dolls and running around acting silly, but she has started to pay a little more attention to her hair and wants to wear a little makeup.  Ahhh, I remember this age.  It scares me and thrills me.  She is going to change and grow, and I will be there every step of the way.  I never felt that I really had anyone to help me through all the craziness of tween/teen life and I can't wait to be a part of it for her. 

She is going to be in our hometown pageant soon and I'm excited for her.  She has always wanted to do something like that, but we are just not "pageant people".  I figured a small one will be fun for her.  This is something we know nothing about, but she just wants to have fun and be in the spotlight!  Of course she would like to win, but we are fully prepared for anything to happen.  We have been told to bring our thick skin, as apparently some of these pageant contestants and parents can be pretty cut throat, but I'm not worried.  One thing I love about her, she is pretty good about letting things people have said roll off her back.  She is a confident, one of a kind girl, and that will show....she is definitely not going to be your typical pageant girl!  I just can't wait to watch her. 

Here is our beautiful 6th grader!!

 
 
Since this has been pretty lengthy so far, I will save my thoughts on meeting Lucas' birthmom for the next post.  Let's just say that it has not went how I had anticipated!
 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grace is a cute girl she will be walking to school my sister is going to stop her I will come from behind and handgag Grace my sister is going to open the side door to the van I will pull Grace inside my sister will drive away I will pour alot of chloroform on a gauze pad then hold it over Grace's mouth and nose after she is unconscious then I will get naked and take off her shoes and socks I will hump her feet soles till I cum all over them then take her home

Katso967 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.